Links of Interest
A wide variety of information is available about hospice care and end-of-life care on these websites.
- Aging with Dignity: Five Wishes advance care planning document. Advice on health care decisions and what you want your loved ones to know.
- Caring Connections: Free resources for consumers on end-of-life issues.
- Growth House: Gateway to resources for life-threatening illness and end-of-life-care.
- Honor My Wishes: HMW’s goal is for society to plan effectively for end-of-life concerns and to have discussions about these issues become a normal part of our conversations. HMW has created a comprehensive end-of-life planning tool.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization: Information on hospice and palliative care services and advance care planning, including links to state-specific advance directives.
- Nursing Home Abuse Guide: Information on the many aspects of nursing home injury and abuse, which includes steps for consumers to ensure they are protecting their loved ones.
- The Conversation Project: The Conversation Project is dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care. The website includes a Starter Kit for helping begin this important discussion with loved ones.
- The Gift Initiative: The Gift Initiative is a community education collaborative in Tennessee led by Alive Hospice with partners from Vanderbilt University, Saint Thomas Health, Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation and a growing list of individuals who recognize the critical need for education about advance planning for serious illness and end-of-life care.
- Guide to Social Work Licensure in Tennessee: Professionals can pursue four types of Tennessee social work licensure: licensed baccalaureate social worker (LBSW), licensed master social worker (LMSW), licensed clinical social worker (LCSW), and licensed advanced practice social worker (LAPSW).
- Guide to Become a Social Worker: There is no better time than now to become a social worker. Professionals in the field address social ills through diverse specialties. Whether you want to work with children in public schools, with elderly individuals in care facilities, or in various healthcare branches, social work provides several fulfilling employment opportunities.